International Conference on Nizam al-Mulk Tusi,s Millennium
Extension of Deadline for Paper Submission
Dear scholars, the submission deadline has been extended to August 22nd for submitting abstracts and to September 22nd for submitting papers.
Please submit your abstract first and then your paper according to the mentioned dates (important dates) to conference e-mail address:
click hereto download the Nizam al-Mulk Tusi's "Siyar al-Muluk" book
International Conference on Nizam al-Mulk Tusi's Millennium
This year is the 1000th anniversary of NiẓāmAl-Mulk Ṭusi’ birth, the Iranian politician, scholar and celebrated vizier of the Saljuq Empire. In the introduction of his celebrated book, Siyar al-Muluk, he wrote: "No king or emperor can afford not to possess and know this book, especially in these days, for the more he reads it, the more he will be enlightened upon spiritual and temporal matters, the better he will appreciate the qualities of friends and foes; the way of right conduct and the path of good government will be open to him; the rules for the management of the court, the audience-hall, the divan, the royal palace and the parade ground, and the methods of administering taxes, transacting business and settling the affairs of the people and the army will be clear to him; and nothing in the whole realm whether great or small, far or near, will remain concealed (if Allah wills, be He exalted)."
In order to celebrate Nizam Al-Mulk millennium, the Ferdowsi University of Mashhad- Iran is going to hold an international conference in 21 November 2018. Scholars are invited to submit their papers in Persian, Arabic or English. In addition to speeches and presentation of papers, at the conference, books on Nizam Al-Mulk and a commemorating stamp honoring him will be released.
• Codicology, emendations and translations of Siyar al-Muluk (The ways of Kings)
• Characteristics of Nizam al-Mulk's prose in Siyar al-Muluk, literary and linguistics points of view
• Epistemology ,logic and system of thought inSiyar al-Muluk
• The Nizamiyyah Institutions, educationand cultural tools
• the relationship between the government and religion in Siyar al-Muluk
• The intellectual tradition of “mirror for the princes” writing in Siyar al-Muluk
• Historiography and historical characteristics of Siyar al-Muluk
• Governance and governmentality in Siyar al-Muluk
• Ministry, delegation and judgment in Siyar al-Muluk
• Military, civil and economic affairs in Siyar al-Muluk
• People, societies, social classes and women in Siyar al-Muluk
• Foundations, roots and the legacy of Nizam al-Mulk Tusi’s thought
Secretariat address: Ferdowsi University of Mashhad (Iran)